Thursday, February 11, 2010

Inspection Day!


The team of folks you put together to help you dot your I's and cross your T's whenever you buy a house is very important! Thanks to Jim Maass of RPC Home Inspections, we were able to give the Stoddard's new home the once over.


Jim, Seth and I showed up bright and early at 8:30am. From crawling the crawl space to checking every sink and toilet, Jim left no stone unturned. Seth was a trooper, as he followed Jim around and learned so much about his first home and how to care for it. Jim is so thorough...it took him almost 4 1/2 hours! Coincidentally, I learn something every time I follow him around on a home inspection. Today I learned putting pots in the dishwasher can sometimes slice the rubber covering that leads to rusting and contamination in the wash cycle.


The sellers of this home have really taken good care of this home. Luckily, they replaced the Heating and Air unit in 2008 and put a new roof on the home about 1 1/2 years ago. With these two big things relatively new, that only leaves the water heater and appliances to be super concerned about over the next few years.


At the end of the inspection we found a few things we need to ask the owners to correct before closing, but nothing major that would keep us from moving forward with the purchase of 243 Torrington Road!


Stay tuned next week as we finish up with inspections.